Sunday, June 14, 2009

Visit with the KIDS!!!!!! My kids!

Just a quick update from Houston!

We got here around noon today, and the kids ran out of the house yelling "Mommy, Daddy! You're here!"

That was something, let me tell you. Probably the most surreal moment of my life. This has been a long road, filled with pain, tears and now all this joy! I can't tell you how I feel right now, except to say that even if we are only able to do this for this year, while the appeal is going through the system, I am a blessed woman, beyond what I deserve. God is good, all the time.

I can't believe He is entrusting me with the lives of these three beautiful children. I know I will do the best I can, and that He's spent these years preparing me for this moment, but man, oh man! I am a nervous wreck!

Panic attacks are in full swing. All I can think about right now are those little voices begging me to stay or take them "home," and all I can do is breath and know that they are safe. I am going to NEED a few days to process this all! I am hoping the s/w will let them come home this week. I cannot wait for their voices to fill my house. For their lust for life to fill my home.
Again, God is good, all the time.

Lord, thank you for this opportunity to parent your children. Lord remind me that these children are yours, entrusted to me for safe keeping. Lord help me to be the parent that you want me to be, the best parent I can be. Lord, again, thank you.

If you all think about it this week, pray for peace in my heart this week as I will now have to spend who knows how many days without them, knowing that they want so badly to begin their new life with us. Pray that they are well behaved for their foster-mom this week. It would be hard to be a kid away from the ones who they now know as "mommy and daddy" without acting out. Pray that this week goes smoothly and that I can get a lot done around the house for their arrival.


As far as tomorrow goes, church with the foster-family and all the kids, then some alone time with the kids, then back to Dallas. We'll be home sometime tomorrow evening.

-Megan

4 comments:

Heather said...

What an amazing day that must have been!

LJ said...

Wow, that just sounds phenomenal! I'm so happy for you all!

Denver Laura said...

Yea!!!!

mizT said...

Wonderful!! I'm so excited for you! I have followed you here from OS and check regularly for updates. Have you heard when the kids will come home to you? I'm so excited for you!