Our social worker had names and ages wrong. the two girls names and ages were switched.. so I have been getting them wrong. E is the middle child, and D is the youngest. At least I know now. would have been so embarrassing if we still thought opposite when we go to meet them in a couple of weeks! haha..
oh well.
Also the two oldest have birthdays this month. (May) Should we buy presents for them for when we go meet them the first week in June?
Any suggestions? (boy and girl, will turn 6 and 5)
-Megan
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Perhaps something that welcomes all of the kids to the family? Even something as small as a birthday cake could be appreciated.
I mean, these are your (fingers crossed) children, and let's say the adoption had already taken place, you'd get them a gift right?
Perhaps I'm oversimplifying the situation, since they are older, but I say yes and something small but meaningful.
Thanks LJ! I agree. That is what I was looking for.
Now, the youngest is 3, but her birthday isn't until October. I should probably get her a little something too huh!
Fun fun!
Hi - I found my way here from the adoption forums in Ovusoft and have seen you around there for a while. So excited for you!!
Also I'd agree about something for everyone. ♥
I was going to say maybe a little welcome to the family gift for each child. A new book maybe? Or some arts and crafts?
I'm so happy for you! I think a welcome gift for all would be great, plus it's not just their birthday, but the birth of a family! One idea is to get each of them a little children's photo album and put your photos in there and let them know you'll add to it soon. Maybe that would be better for a little later on though. Also just something cuddly, like cute, soft stuffed animals. Another idea might be personalized gifts with their names on them.
Post a Comment