I think I have mentioned in the recent past (I guess I could just re-read my blog to figure this out) that we are almost done with the garage addition. I am getting sooo excited about it being done! We have had so many wonderful helpers, without whom the room never could have become reality. I wanted to thank them here, and again in a couple of weeks when we have our room-warming party!
Patrick and Lyndsey McAllister: helped with the garage sale a couple of weeks before, and helped us clean and reorganize our garage to make room for the room, and Patrick came back to help frame and install the window. You guys are wonderful, and we are so thankful to have you as friends! (not because you help us, but because you are the kind of people you are!)
Bryan Janek: He was amazing! He was in charge of the framing... amazing man who has a huge heart. Thanks Bryan! Wish we saw more of you and Gilda!
Dean: I am sorry, I didn't even get to meet you! Dean was in charge of buying and installing the correct window. A very important job, as we needed it to be coded for energy efficiency and fire exit but still be in budget! He also helped frame. Great guy for helping out somebody he didn't even know.
Bob the builder: Just kidding. no but really, he lives across the street and has been our go-to guy and helped install our door just weeks after major spinal surgery. He just couldn't not help! He has loaned numerous tools, given lots of great advice, and is an all around nice guy with a heart for adoption.
Nikki and Doug Jenney: they helped with the garage sale that helped clean out our garage.. Thank you so much.. you know Baron and I just think you're great!
Veronica and Aaron Felts: Donated stuff for the garage sale to help us raise money to build the room. Thank you so much! We love having you as neighbors!
Leeann Sanchez: I LOVE YOU! you are my best friend and you have done more than I could ask for. You are incredible, and I thank God for a friend like you every day.
You have helped sooo much, we couldn't have done this without you either.
Also, a wonderful friend dropped by with a present this week. Truly a gift from God, and one thing we were afraid we weren't going to be able to afford this winter. Insulation for the walls! I though she said she had a partial roll, but came bearing 64 linear feet of insulation for our new walls.. 2 rolls, just enough to cover both walls! God is sooo good and thank you Kristi Daniel!
On another amazing note, Meredith and Barrie are being baptized tomorrow! I am so excited for them to start their Christian walks, and so proud of them that they have made this decision to trust in Jesus as their savior. I hope it will be a very powerful experience for them, and that they will truly understand that this is symbolic of the start of a new life, one that is a living sacrifice to Christ, who laid down His life for them 2000 years ago, that they would have eternal life in Him, in Heaven. Praise God, Creator of Heaven and Earth! Heaven and Earth are full of His glory!
-Megan
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment