Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cycle day 8

Hey folks.. for those of you still following along,
Things are going fine. Just finished my last clomid (the medicine that will hopefully make me produce more than one mature egg) yesterday, and I'm already feeling twinges and pains around my ovaries. Talk about fun. I've got several more days before trigger, and I know that it's just going to get worse progressively (pressure, pain, bloating, hot flashes, night sweats.. you get the point) and especially from the day of trigger till my ovaries finally pop is going to be hellish. I did get to hold a sweet little baby girl last night and it reminded me that it will all be worth it in the end.

I came across a post on a forum that I frequent talking about the rising cost of ART medication, and I was surprised to find that she was paying HALF of what I was paying for the Ovidrel (that's the trigger shot, it does the "final maturation" on my eggs and causes my ovaries to release whatever follies are over about 15mm or so within 39 hours of the injection which I have to give to myself. it's ok, I got used to it last month). So I called the pharmacy she was using and had my prescription transferred (most pharmacies don't carry this drug, though I've found it at several around town, it's just that it's nearly $100! This place is out of state, but they ship express for free, so my medication will be here tomorrow!

Follical monitoring ultrasounds start on monday, I'll be on cycle day 12 and go until I have at least one lead follicle (pray for more just not more than 4!) at 19mm. That means I should trigger around wednesday the 10th, which puts me at ovulating on thursday around midnight.. and the beta (the blood test for hcg and p4 levels that tells me if I'm pregnant or not) would be 16 days later, the 27th of this month.

Now, on the subject of my little monsters.. I have another post for that. I will try to write some tonight or tomorrow on how they're doing, what we're doing differently, and all that jazz. :)

hope everyone is having a fab day!
-Megan

No comments: