Saturday, October 13, 2007

hey folks!
just wanted to give y'all an update!
currently we are 2.5 weeks away from closing on our new house! so exciting! we'll be having a party the first week in december or so, so keep your schedule open!

we are taking our PRIDE classes in November, for our foster-adopt program. we will then have about 4-5 more classes to take before our homestudy, then we'll be done. we're now hoping to be done with classes around january (it's taking longer because I'm in school full time and work almost full time!) and then have our homestudy in february or march, then have our first placement 4-5 months later, right as I'm finishing up school! yeah!!! wooo hooo!! so in the mean time, we're working on accumulating stuff for the baby/toddler, so if you've got anything you want to send over, let us know!!
currently we have most of the big stuff.
we are still in need of:
convertible carseat
light weight stroller
changing table/pad
baby swing
toys
books
bottles
clothes
bibs
etc.

anyway,
Baron's parents are here in town, and we are having a blast, I gotta make him a key lime pie tonight for his b-day!!
I'll update more soon!
-Megs

2 comments:

Kristen said...

So exciting about the house! And just in time for the holidays :)

Good luck with the foster-adopt classes!

Stephanie Rohloff said...

Hey Megs, I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see the house and your huge kitchen! Have you had your Standards and Documents class yet...Make sure you get the list of things that are against the law for foster parents to use/have before buying anything...some of the stuff might surprise you...ie: no walkers, door swings...yada yada yada...talk to you later!